Print

Lookstein Announcements - No. 880

Lookstein Announcements are a service of the Lookstein Center for Jewish Education, Bar-Ilan University  NETWORK*LEARN*GROW

To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
http://listserv.biu.ac.il/cgi-bin/wa?A2=LOOKSTEIN;b7d4e668.1901p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

In this Newsletter:

* 1. Positions open:
- Shulamith High School Principal, Cedarhurst, New York

* - Head of School – Akiba / Yavneh Academy of Dallas
* - YDE launches new Girls High School, Brooklyn, NY
* - English Teacher, SAR High School, Riverdale, NY
* - Assistant Teacher – Immediate Hire, Ben Porat Yosef, Paramus, NJ
* - Seeking Outstanding Hebrew Teachers for All Grade Levels, Schechter Westchester
* - Substitute Teachers, Har Torah, Little Neck, NY
* - Office Administrator for Early Childhood Center, Magen David Yeshivah, Brooklyn, NY
* 2. Save the Date - YouthCon Returns!
* Introducing The Big 10
*
* Contact Details
* Subscription Details

1. Positions open:
- Shulamith High School Principal, Cedarhurst, New York

Shulamith School for Girls in Cedarhurst, New York is a dynamic, cutting edge institution with an enrollment of over 600 students which provides a superior Judaic, Hebrew language and secular education for its students, from early childhood through high school. Shulamith High School, founded in 2015 currently has 90 Students.

Mission of Shulamith High School: At Shulamith, we are committed to educating every girl, from head to heart. Our student-centered academic studies are geared toward promoting excellence in education and lifelong learning, across all genres and disciplines. Our social and emotional curriculum empowers our girls to recognize their inner beauty, promote refinement of character, and conduct themselves with confidence and grace. Our extensive extracurricular program supports our girls in becoming contributing, sophisticated, well-rounded citizens to their families, communities, and humanity. Student life is permeated with and guided by a love for Torah, Halacha, Ahavat Yisrael, Israel, and the moral and ethical code of Am Yisrael. There is no single mold for a Shulamith student. We support each girl in developing the tools, as genuine Halachic Jews, to find the courage to become the architect of her own dreams.

Position: We are seeking a dynamic, inspired and motivated principal to lead our high school and advance its reputation as one of the premier educational choice for parents in the Greater New York Area.

Chief areas of responsibility include: education and curricula strategy; faculty hiring, teacher development and supervision; student recruitment and retention; strategic planning and execution; and community relations.

Candidates should:
– Embody, articulate and reflect the school’s values and mission as articulated in its Mission Statement
– Have a passion for learning, growing and developing cutting edge and effective methodologies in teaching/learning
– Have a proven track record of successful collaborative team building, organizational management, and inspiring leadership
– Have a proven track record of outstanding classroom teaching
– Demonstrate the ability to connect deeply with students, faculty, and parents
– Be highly organized, efficient, and hard working
– Prior experience as a school Principal or Assistant Principal
– Have a Master’s degree or Doctorate in Education or a related field

Please send application to [log in to unmask] with the subject line “Shulamith HS Principal”

- Head of School – Akiba / Yavneh Academy of Dallas

Akiba/Yavneh Academy of Dallas welcomes applications for Head of School for our newly merged early childhood through 12th grade school.

Mission
Akiba/Yavneh is a Modern Orthodox, co-ed, early childhood through 12th grade college-preparatory school dedicated to providing an academically excellent and values-based General and Judaic education to Jewish students of all backgrounds to inspire a lifelong love of Torah, higher learning, and the State of Israel.

The Head of School will:
Embody our mission by demonstrating a deep commitment to Torah, General and Judaic academic excellence, college preparatory rigor, values-based Modern Orthodox Judaism, and the State of Israel.

Provide powerful pedagogic vision that inspires faculty to continually grow and promotes joyful teaching and learning, exceptional middot, discipline, and collegiality.

Communicate and listen effectively to build mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, board members, parents, and students.

Lead and hire academic principals and administrative staff through effective management and supervision, while providing streamlined vision and mentorship that flows through the schools.

Build and manage budgets and promote resource development system that will promote quality and affordability.

Inspire our giving community with positive growth metrics, meaningful marketing, and mission driven decision making.

Our ideal candidate joins us with 3-5 years of prior experience in a school leadership role and is invigorated by the opportunity to lead an established and growing school community.

To learn more about our schools and to see the complete Opportunity Statement please visit www.akibaacademy.org and www.yavnehdallas.org.

To Apply
• Qualified candidates are encouraged to contact our search consultant, Dr. Scott Goldberg at [log in to unmask]
• Candidates who are ready to apply should submit the following materials as a PDF, via email:
o A cover letter indicating why you are particularly interested in serving as Head of School at Akiba/Yavneh Academy of Dallas and an introduction to how your experiences qualify you for this leadership position.
o A current resumé

- YDE launches new Girls High School, Brooklyn, NY

The YDE Girls High School will be opening in September 2019 and is now accepting resumes for teachers in all subject areas. In its eight-year history and commitment to excellence, YDE in Brooklyn has successfully launched its Preschool, Girls Elementary and Middle School Divisions, Boys Elementary and Middle School Divisions, and Boys High School with over fourteen hundred students.

Our warm, student-centered school will strive for academic excellence in Limude Kodesh and General Studies and will develop our students’ intellectual curiosity, love of learning, spirituality, and a deep commitment to Torat Yisrael, Am Yisrael and Ahavat Eretz Yisrael. As we empower and prepare our young women for college, careers and their future lives, we will focus on our students’ social-emotional growth and their academic, spiritual and personal development.

We are searching for faculty in all subject areas who are passionate, charismatic, motivating and expert educators with high school teaching experience and advanced degrees. Teachers should be nurturing, caring and supportive and adept at differentiating their level of instruction. Teachers will incorporate technology and utilize research based best teaching practices, while developing twenty-first century learning skills and strategies. Ongoing faculty training workshops will be provided by YDE to promote professional development and a sense of family within the staff and school community. Teachers will be role models and mentors and will invest themselves in creating meaningful and enduring student-teacher relationships.

Full time and part time positions are available in Judaic Studies, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, Biology, Engineering, Coding, Sign Language, Studio Art, Graphic Design and Physical Education.

Come join the YDE Girls High School family! Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters to [log in to unmask]

- English Teacher, SAR High School, Riverdale, NY

SAR High School is a mission-driven, co-educational, modern Orthodox Jewish high school committed to student-centered learning in a challenging and supportive environment. For the 2019-2020 school year, we are seeking a dynamic and creative part-time or full-time English teacher with collaborative instincts and an interest in writing education.

Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]

- Assistant Teacher – Immediate Hire, Ben Porat Yosef, Paramus, NJ

Ben Porat Yosef in Paramus, NJ, has an immediate opening in our elementary school for a qualified, creative, collaborative and inspiring Assistant Teacher to join our staff. Assistant Teachers will guide our students and facilitate their growth and learning in a warm and nurturing environment. Candidates should have a BA in education or related field and experience with students.

Please send resumes to [log in to unmask]

- Seeking Outstanding Hebrew Teachers for All Grade Levels, Schechter Westchester

Seeking Outstanding Hebrew Teachers for All Grade Levels:
Lower School (Grades K-5), Middle School (Grades 6-8), and High School (Grades 9-12)
Full-time, part-time, and substitute positions available

Schechter Westchester is a cutting-edge K-12 Jewish independent school serving 780 students on two campuses in Westchester County, NY, 30 minutes north of New York City. In our continuing efforts to strengthen our Hebrew program, we would like to be able to split Hebrew classes when desired, add a support teacher to Hebrew classes when desired, and have substitute lessons taught by proficient Hebrew teachers. We are seeking outstanding and experienced Hebrew teachers and Hebrew support teachers for full- and part-time opportunities, as well as to serve as substitute teachers in each of our divisions.

Ideal candidates will be collaborative colleagues who are capable of creating, supporting, and/or substitute teaching dynamic and active lessons that engage students in content while teaching critical skills within the fours streams of Hebrew language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.

To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask] Please indicate your interest in full-time, part-time, and/or substitute teaching, as a lead teacher and/or support teacher, and whether for Lower, Middle, and/or High School.

- Substitute Teachers, Har Torah, Little Neck, NY

Seeking passionate, flexible individuals interested in growing as teachers. Candidates should be pursuing an advanced degree in education, ready to take full advantage of this learning/service position. Candidates should be committed to working collaboratively and to becoming part of a professional learning community.

For more information, contact: [log in to unmask]

- Office Administrator for Early Childhood Center, Magen David Yeshivah, Brooklyn, NY

JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY

Administrative Assistant for Early Childhood Center
Full Time
Early Childhood, Brooklyn, NY, US

APPLY
About the Job
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.

We are currently accepting job applications for an Administrative Assistant for the Early Childhood Center in Brooklyn. This is a twelve month position and the hours will be 8:00 -4:30 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 -2:00 on Friday. The hours may be adjusted over the summer months.

Responsibilities:

Oversee the administration of the early childhood educational office which includes 70+ faculty members and administrators
Manage arrival and dismissal process
(Be the single point of contact) Oversee student and teacher attendance
Coordinate events and trips
Be the transportation coordinator, communicate with the bus company about scheduling, changes or additions to a bus
Conduct Ad Hoc reporting on HR and Payroll system
Manage (in conjunction with HR) Early Childhood Center Teacher Required Paperwork, maintaining Board of Ed compliance
Manage specialty and shared space scheduling for the building (gym, yard, library, music)
Coordinate with Elementary School on special events, ie. Yom Haatsmaut, etc
Coordinate with the Director of After School Programs for after school programs
Help enforce policies of attendance and tardiness, making sure teachers are at their posts on time.

Qualifications:

Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of three years administrative support experience in an academic setting
Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite, with an emphasis on Excel and spreadsheets
Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
Self-motivated, ability to manage and complete projects independently and on time.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally.

To submit a resume, please email [log in to unmask]

SHARE
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.

2. Save the Date - YouthCon Returns!

Experiential Educators in Camps, Schools, Shuls, & Youth Groups

YouthCon provides a unique opportunity for experiential educators from the throughout the Jewish community to share their innovative ideas with their colleagues at day schools, summer camps, synagogue teen programs and national youth groups.

Experts in this generation's self-identity and cutting-edge pedagogy will present their research. With technology and morality rapidly evolving, new approaches and methodologies are needed.

This day-long conference will consist of simultaneous tracks of sessions and a nationally-renown keynote speaker. Significant time for topically-based networking will be included.

Torah Educators Network, which has run highly acclaimed conferences for Limudei Kodesh Teachers and Orthodox Day School Executive Directors, is working with NCSY and a planning committee of highly respected educational leaders to design a productive, state of the art experience.

For more information, please contact Rabbi Perry Tirschwell [log in to unmask] or Shira Englander [log in to unmask] .

Save the Date: Sunday May 19!

Torah Educators Network
331 Vandelinda Ave., Teaneck, NJ 07666

Introducing The Big 10

Looking for a great way to teach Jewish values in middle school? Introducing The Big 10, a flexible new program to teach the core Jewish values contained at the heart of each of the Aseret Hadibrot.
Email [log in to unmask] or schedule a meeting at www.calendly.com/lookstein-virtual-admissions to learn more!

Shalom

Contact Details

Lookstein Center for Jewish Education